Improving Health Conditions with Pet Surgery
Pet surgery can be stressful for owners for many different reasons. Being pet owners ourselves, we know how it feels to be protective and want the best for our companions. With this in mind, our doctors and caregivers in Lombard work hard to make every surgery go as smoothly as possible for our patients. That’s why we use the most cutting-edge surgical and monitoring equipment for optimal safety and comfort. After all, your pet deserves the best care we can offer, and we’re proud to be trusted with their care. If you have questions about your pet’s procedure or have concerns you’re reluctant to voice, know that we’re here to listen.
Surgeries We Offer
Our skilled team at Carriage Animal Hospital can perform a variety of soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries. We’re proud to offer these services to treat myriad medical conditions:
- Cruciate ligament repair
- Patellar luxation
- Femoral Head Ostectomy (FHO)
- Tibial Tubercle Advancement (TTA)
Minimizing Risks with Advanced Anesthesia and Monitoring
Safety being our highest priority, we follow several crucial steps to make sure each patient is prepared for surgery and remains stable throughout their procedure:
- A veterinarian will examine your pet and do pre-surgical blood work to screen for illness
- Your pet will receive an IV catheter for fluid support and any necessary medications during surgery
- While your pet is under anesthesia, a dedicated technician will monitor your pet’s oxygen saturation levels, blood pressure, heart rate, temperature and respiratory rate
- Your pet will remain under close observation while waking up from anesthesia
Caring for Your Recovering Pet
Following surgery, we’ll call to update you on your pet’s condition and answer any questions you have. When you arrive at our hospital to bring your pet home, we will give you detailed post-op care instructions. You are more than welcome to call us during your pet’s recovery period if you have additional questions or need our help. To talk learn more about the pet surgery process or to schedule an appointment, get in touch with us today by calling (630) 495-3623.