Our Pet Adoption Process
Ready to adopt a pet? Our adoption process works to ensure our furry friends are finding their forever homes with loving families. In order to welcome your new family member home, there are a few steps you need to go through.
- Once you decide on meeting a pet, you’ll be asked to fill out an application. You can pick up an application form at our hospital or download it from the bottom of the page.
- All the people in your household will have to meet the pet before we can approve your application. Sometimes, we may need additional information before we can approve your application as well. We’ll notify of these situations right away.
- If you have other dogs in the household, they will need to meet your adoptable dog in order to ensure everyone gets along.
- We do not typically do meet-and-greets for cats because they tend to be very anxious when taken out of the home environment.
Requirements for Adoption
In order to adopt a pet, you must meet these requirements:
- Be 21 or older
- Provide vaccinations and test records of any current pets to ensure they are up to date
- Provide evidence that all your currently owned cats and dogs are spayed/neutered
Additionally, please be aware that you will need to pay an adoption fee as well as purchase a rabies tag and 6 months of heartworm prevention at the time of adoption. Please contact us at (630) 495-3623 for information about our fees.
What is Included with Adoption?
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Vaccinations/tests current up to adoption date:
- Canine Influenza (bivalent)
- Canine distemper with leptospirosis (DHLPP)
- Feline distemper (FVRCP)
- Intestinal parasite test
- Heartworm test (dogs)
- Feline Leukemia/Feline Immunodeficiency Virus test (cats)
- Up-to-date on flea and heartworm prevention
Vaccination boosters for your pet post-adoption are the responsibility of the owner.